Friday, September 23, 2016

Weekend Getaway


It doesn't happen often, but sometimes a girl gets to hit the road with her friends for some travel and relaxation. Blessedly this weekend that girl is me. One of my girlfriends has a home in Big Bear and invited a few of us for a weekend. This particular weekend happens to be the Wine Walk in the village (insert happy face here), which only adds to the appeal of this getaway. 



I've never been to Big Bear, and surprisingly, though it's only 3 hours away it is significantly cooler. So...let's recap: a wine walk most of Saturday in a charming village, an entire weekend with great friends, hiking and beach combing, and perfect Fall weather?  To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I've packed accordingly-layers of light clothing to a few light sweaters and flannels-and laughed when I saw nothing but red, white, and blue staring back at me. It's a classic combination, really, and since Ole Miss is playing I'm also set to cheer them on from even further away.

I'll miss my family while we're gone, but look forward to catch up and sharing pictures when I return.  Have a lovely weekend, friends, and take care.





FYI, the above monogrammed heathered tunic from Marley Lilly has to have been the most phenomenal Fall find. It was purchased a few weeks ago during a sale and is back to regular pricing, but I recommend everyone buy one right now. Not only is Marley Lilly a fabulous place for your engraving and monogramming needs, it's at the right price point. This tunic is incredibly warm and sumptuously soft on the inside. It's what I call a win-win.



1 comment:

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a note. Have a marvelous day!